Friday, August 25, 2006

Zoo Family Fun Night - August 2006

Tonight we attended our local zoo's family fun night. We forgot our camera and so we will have to cherish the mental pictures that we all took. It was toasty outside but close to a million people (it seemed) attended the festivities. The highlights for our family included food ($2 for a hotdog, drink, and chips - our middle M dropped half his hotdog on the ground after being warned about 5 times to eat over his plate), tattoos for everyone but the baby, a baby rhino, and seeing some of the new exhibits. Most of the new exhibits were only partially opened but it was neat to imagine what the new spaces will look like when finished.

We also ran into a couple of old friends (one from highschool and one from my work about six years ago) and we all compared kids - 8 in total all under the age of six. Our middle M spent half the night riding on my shoulders which is the quickest way for us to travel at places like the zoo.

Our older M managed to fall down 3 times - two of those were seconds apart in the line for the tattoos. Those two falls were followed by the question "Can I go play on those big rocks?" which were not far from the line we were waiting in. I'll let you imagine our response. In case you are scoring at home the tattoos included 2 butterflies, two lizards, and a cheetah on our middle child's hand that lasted about 10 seconds (quickly replaced with a lizard on the cheek before the tears flowed). I can flex the lizard on my shoulder to make it look like it is....oh who am I kidding it really doesn't look much different if I flex or if I don't. Overall we had a blast and capped off the evening with some cherry shave ice and stumbled back to the car in darkness with the other people that had managed to stay until the very end of the evening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home