Twin Birthdays - 2006





On the same night as the kid's birthday party, Nikki and I threw another double birthday party - this time for the twins. Mike and Melinda were surprised that our "quiet family dinner" turned into a luau with lots of friends and family. We rented a local party facility near our house, filled it with balloons/food/friends, bought everyone those flowery necklaces, and enjoyed surprising our favorite and only spouses. Entertainment for the evening was billiards, air hockey, arcade games, music/dancing, and food. I even tried out the place's karaoke equipment with a poor man's version of "I want to talk about me" by Toby Keith. Our oldest M's followed my lead and belted out an a cappella duet of "Jesus, You're my Firm Foundation". One of our daughter's friends who attended this party and the Pump it up party told her parents that she liked this place even better than the party planned for the kiddos. Overall, the party was a success because we kept the surprise a secret and got to see Mike in a grass skirt.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home