Losin' Teeth but Makin' a Hard-Earned Dollar




Our biggest M is on a tooth-losing streak. She has already lost 6 and hasn't turned 6 years old yet. Looking back at her parents' dental records, it appears that tooth losing at a young age runs in the family. In the pictures above, you get a glimpse of the 2nd, 5th, and 6th teeth that have "fallen" out. Actually they have all been yanked out by her daddy who for some reason gets pleasure out of pulling on teeth so tiny he can barely get his fingers around them. Each of the teeth have been carefully placed in a ziplock baggie under her pillow at night. In the morning, our big girl wakes up and finds a dollar has replaced the tooth in the baggie. Usually we end up heading to the dollar store to spend her new wealth (tooth money doesn't have to be saved for college). Melinda never can remember anything related to early childhood but I'm convinced that the tooth fairy's rates have gone up in the last 25 years.

1 Comments:
Wow, a ziplock baggie. Why didn't I think of that? We have lost more than one of those little critters at our house.
Alison has her first loose tooth, and I thought of M from your last blog entry. I guess that means they're growing up!
Post a Comment
<< Home